Beginner Horseshoeing Course
6 Weeks – $4000
This six week long horseshoeing course is intended for the person who wants to trim and shoe their own horses. In this horseshoeing course, the students will learn basic anatomy and physiology of the equine. They will learn how to trim and balance hooves, and also how to shape, nail, and clench horseshoes. Some beginning forge work will be introduced that teaches basic keg shoe modifications. The forge work will also include basic tool making and maintenance.
|90 hours - Shoeing|
|42 hours - Shaping and modifying horseshoes|
|40 hours - Trimming|
|25 hours - Classroom work/Lectures|
|22 hours - Demonstrations – trimming, shoeing, forging|
|8 hours - Tool making and maintenance|
|8 hours - Tests – written and practical|
|3 hours - Horsemanship|
|2 hours - Shop safety|
|240 Total Hours|
|Monday, March 13, 2017 - Friday, April 21, 2017|
April 14th - No School
|Monday, June 05, 2017 - Friday, July 14, 2017|
July 4th - No School
|Monday, August 28, 2017 - Friday, October 6, 2017|
September 4th - No School
Tuition & Fees
- The tuition for each course is all inclusive.
- There are no extra fees or hidden charges incurred during the course.
- Tools will be provided for the student to use while enrolled at the school.
- A textbook will be available for each student.
- If a student prefers, they can purchase their own textbook.
- Free housing will be provided on the grounds where the school is located for the student to use while at the school and includes a kitchen and laundry area.
- Meals, bedding, and toiletries are not provided.