Troy Price Horseshoeing School Policies
- Students are expected to act in a professional manner and respect one another.
- Wear appropriate clothing that is modest at all times on school grounds. Shorts are not allowed while forging and shoeing horses.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs are allowed on school grounds. No one is permitted to attend class or be on the school grounds under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- No smoking in any of the buildings on school grounds or in school vehicles.
- No fighting, cheating, stealing, swearing, foul language, or discrimination of any kind.
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used during class time.
- No pets are allowed at the school facility.
- The above policies also apply to students while on school trips and at horse farms.
- Students can be expelled for violating any of the above conduct policies.
Attendance each day school is in session is mandatory for students. Any student who misses more than 5% of the course will be allowed to continue the course, but there will be an additional cost. Emergency leave may be granted with approval from school director.
Students will be evaluated in four areas:
- Written tests
- Forging tests
- Trimming and shoeing tests
A student must achieve an overall grade of 70 percent or higher in order to receive a graduation certificate. Written tests can be given orally if needed.