Advanced Horseshoeing Course
24 Weeks – $12000
This horseshoeing course is intended for the person who knows they want a career in horseshoeing. This horseshoeing course builds upon the twelve week horseshoeing course and helps add the experience needed for the student to be able to competently and confidently evaluate horses in order to trim and shoe them according to their needs. The continued study of anatomy, conformation, gait analysis and how this affects the growth and movement of horses teaches the student the importance of understanding how these topics relate to trimming and shoeing sound horses. The student will learn to recognize lameness and shoe accordingly. Forge work will include shoe modifications and how to build therapeutic horseshoes. The student will learn to make many different farrier tools needed for horseshoeing and how to maintain them.
|270 hours - Shoeing|
|215 hours - Trimming|
|160 hours - Forging handmade horseshoes|
|110 hours - Shaping and modifying horseshoes|
|75 hours - Classroom/Lectures|
|60 hours - Tool making and maintenance|
|45 hours - Demonstrations – trimming, shoeing, forging|
|15 hours - Tests – written and practical|
|8 hours - Horsemanship|
|2 hours - Shop safety|
|960 Total Hours|
|Monday, March 12, 2018 - Friday, August 24, 2018|
|Monday, June 04, 2018 - Friday, November 16, 2018|
July 4th & September 3rd - No School
Tuition & Fees
- The tuition for each course is all inclusive.
- There are no extra fees or hidden charges incurred during the course.
- Tools will be provided for the student to use while enrolled at the school.
- A textbook will be available for each student.
- If a student prefers, they can purchase their own textbook.
- Free housing will be provided on the grounds where the school is located for the student to use while at the school and includes a kitchen and laundry area.
- Meals, bedding, and toiletries are not provided.