Journeyman Horseshoeing Course
36 Weeks – $17000
This horseshoeing course is intended for the person who knows they want a career in horseshoeing and wants the skills necessary to leave school and be ready for business. As with the 24 week horseshoeing course, this course also builds upon the content learned in the other courses. It takes time, patience, and a lot of practice to develop trimming, horseshoeing, and forging skills. The student will gain more experience in trimming and shoeing all types of equines. They will learn more horseshoe modifications and how to build advanced therapeutic horseshoes. The information learned will prepare a student for the knowledge needed to study toward a level of Certified Journeyman Farrier (CJF) certification with the American Farrier’s Association.
|416 hours - Shoeing|
|300 hours - Trimming|
|220 hours - Forging handmade horseshoes|
|200 hours - Shaping and modifying horseshoes|
|87 hours - Classroom/Lectures|
|80 hours - Tool making and maintenance|
|65 hours - Demonstrations – trimming, shoeing, forging|
|40 hours - Forging therapeutic horseshoes|
|18 hours - Tests – written and practical|
|12 hours - Horsemanship|
|2 hours - Shop safety|
|1440 Total Hours|
|Monday, March 15, 2021 - Friday, November 19, 2021|
April 2nd, May 31st, July 5th, & September 6th - No school
Tuition & Fees
- The tuition for each course is all inclusive.
- There are no extra fees or hidden charges incurred during the course.
- Tools will be provided for the student to use while enrolled at the school.
- A textbook will be available for each student.
- If a student prefers, they can purchase their own textbook.
- Free housing will be provided on the grounds where the school is located for the student to use while at the school and includes a kitchen and laundry area.
- Meals, bedding, and toiletries are not provided.