Journeyman Horseshoeing Course
30 Weeks – $22,000
This 30 week course is intended for the person who knows they want a career in horseshoeing and wants the skills necessary to leave school and have the confidence to start a farrier business. This course starts from the basics and covers the same material as the 15 week Basic Horseshoeing Course the first 15 weeks. The second 15 weeks works toward gaining the experience to confidently interact with horses and their owners for their farrier needs. The student will gain experience in trimming and shoeing all types of equines. Students should expect more advanced shoeing making as they learn how to build and apply advanced therapeutic, pathological, and surgical shoes. It takes time, patience, and a lot of practice to develop trimming, horseshoeing, and forging skills. . The information learned will prepare a student for the knowledge needed to study toward the level of Certified Journeyman Farrier (CJF) certification with the American Farrier’s Association.
|456 hours - Live horse shoeing|
|200 hours - Forging in shop|
|190 hours - Live horse trimming|
|110 hours - Shaping and modifying horseshoes|
|100 hours - Classroom work/Lectures|
|60 hours - Tool making and maintenance|
|50 hours - Demonstrations – trimming, shoeing, forging|
|20 hours - Tests - written and practical|
|10 hours - Horsemanship|
|4 hours - Shop safety|
|1200 Total Hours|
|April 8, 2024 - November 2, 2024|
May 27th, July 5th, & September 2nd - No school
Tuition & Fees
- The tuition for each course is all inclusive.
- There are no extra fees or hidden charges incurred during the course.
- Tools will be provided for the student to use while enrolled at the school.
- A textbook will be available for each student.
- If a student prefers, they can purchase their own textbook.
- Free housing will be provided on the grounds where the school is located for the student to use while at the school and includes a kitchen and laundry area.
- Meals, bedding, and toiletries are not provided.